Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Some Stuff That's Happened

1.
First Christmas gift finished and gifted. They're mittens!! For the knitterly readers her are a few "behind the scenes" shots:
The insides with all the ends woven in (I'm always curious what the inside of a knit looks like.)
And a close up of the "seam" before I trimmed off all the ends.  I think I might love the inside of the cuff...

2. The bank accepted our offer. Actually they accepted our first (lower) counteroffer.  Which means we will get the house for less than we expected. Which, of course, is good.  We have to close before the 21st if January.  I don't know the exact date just yet, but should know soon.

3. Silly work happenings:
We are in the middle of a rather large shift. (Emmy and Marie are shifting rock stars!!)  Every single picture book in the collection will eventually be moved.  It's exciting because it means we have more space for *new* picture books, but it also means that yesterday was the last day I could walk to a book I was familiar with without having to think about it.

And that's what's going on in my neck if the woods... Anything exciting happening in yours?



No comments:

Post a Comment