Monday, October 19, 2009

There is not another group of people that I would rather be making an ass of myself in a bar with....

Dear Ryan,
Homecoming this year was awesome!!!
It started when Coke got in on Friday night. We did some great things... like shopping for Katy's birthday present (which involved sniffing lots of scratch 'n' sniff boxes at Bed Bath and Beyond)
(Coke took a picture of me... or at least, I thought she did, but it's not on my camera.... :-( )
The parade was fun and succeeded in convincing me that it's time to go on a serious diet.... Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera so no pictures of that one.

Then we tailgated in an out of the way parking lot which was also a good time. We ate a lot of pizza... and conqueso dip (my diet will start another day), and chased the baby (who's really more like a little person than a baby) around the parking lot. He thought the parking lot was a fantastic playground and even found that clean cars (none of ours) make AWESOME fun house mirrors. Again, my dumbass didn't bring my camera (smacks forehead).

Then it was time for the game. The game was pretty cold, but it was still fun. We ended up not leaving at halftime because we really wanted to do the Alma Mater at the end (we're big saps)...

The highlight of the game was probably the mustaches given out to "welcome" the new coach (who apparently has a big bushy mustache). How much fun can a group of band kids (and ex-band kids) have with big bushy mustaches?

Way more than that actually, but I didn't take any pics of strangers and Teater was too far away to get many pics of him... he had lots and lots of good uses for bushy mustaches....

Then we ended the night with a trip to Maggie's which was an absolute riot (so of course I didn't bring my camera). We had 11 out of 14 altos from "That Year" show up. Which is a really good turn out.

We had such a good turn out that we decided to take a picture. Which is when things got weird. We all got up and stood in a really awkward place, but it was the only large open space in the bar. We were right next to this table where this older couple was sitting.

Old lady: Are you going to sing?
Teater: Maybe
Old lady: What are you going to sing?
Teater: We'll have to deliberate.
Me: Hey Baby! It's the only song we know.

After the picture we deliberated. The consensus was that we didn't want to sing anything in a bar at all period thanks for asking....

We TOTALLY Hey babied an old lady in a bar.... yeah... that's right...

Sigh* I love those people....

And I love you!

You should be here soon.

Love you-bye,
Jessica

P.S. Here are the rest of my random pics from that day. I meant to mention all of these things, but I didn't get around to it... mostly me and the girls before the game and Katy telling an epic story about dumb people that don't understand the words "excuse me" even when faced with a women trying to push a stroller through a crowded parking lot....

.


P.P.S. I haven't stopped blogging... be proud of me!... My computer is still dead.... :-( I have a sad face....

P.P.P.S. I finished a scarf and will blog it soon... just not tonight... Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment